— Pancake Jamboree Fundraiser —
— Honoring America's Heros —
— Youth of the Year Award —
The Exchange Club of Lynchburg, Virginia was chartered in 1938 by local business leaders who wanted to exchange ideas on making their community better. Its core values Family, Community and Country are held by each Exchange member with pride and commitment. Nationally founded in 1911, Exchange Club volunteer efforts have supported the needs of the country and of local communities for over a hundred years, making it the country's oldest American service organization operating exclusively in this country.
The Exchange Club of Lynchburg recognizes that the hope for our continued freedom lives in our children.
The Exchange Club of Lynchburg believes that it is important to recite the Pledge of Allegiance before each meeting and give thanks to God; to give flags to children to wave proudly; and to erect displays of our country's history in schools and public buildings.
The Exchange Club of Lynchburg is extremely grateful to all area businesses and citizens for the support they have shown our club since its founding. Our local club celebrated its 75th year in 2013.
The Exchange Club of Lynchburg invests approximately $10,000 each year to improve the community's less fortunate, recognize achievement of the outstanding, and promote love for our country. This money primarily comes from the club's fundraiser -- the Annual Pancake Jamboree -- held the first Friday in November at the City Armory.
Exchange Club Covenant of Service
Accepting the divine privilege of single and collective responsibility as life's noblest gift, I covenant with my fellow Exchangites:
- To consecrate my best energies to the uplifting of Social, Religious, Political and Business ideals;
- To discharge the debt I owe to those of high and low estate who have served and sacrificed that the heritage of American citizenship might be mine;
- To honor and respect law, to serve my fellowmen, and to uphold the ideals and institutions of my Country;
- To implant the life-giving, society-building spirit of Service and Comradeship in my social and business relationships;
- To serve in Unity with those seeking better conditions, better
understandings, and greater opportunities for all.